Monday, December 11, 2006

Give Yourself a Pep Talk

You've received no phone calls or contacts about jobs for which you've applied. You search job listings and don't find openings that match your qualifications and experience. You might start to feel down.

I know because I have been there, am there, and will be there again. How can I get myself back up?

I think I need to give myself a pep talk. You might feel the same.

Every day and maybe throughout the day, I'm going to look the man in the mirror right in the eyes and say, "You are important. Your work is important. You are valuable. Someone wants to pay you for what you have to offer."

I believe that. I've been working on believing in things that are not as tangible as I'd like them to be. I've started thinking big and dreaming big.

If I let myself get caught up in negative energy, it will eventually lead to more and more inaction.

"Your work is important. Someone wants to hire you. You just haven't met each other yet."

Related tags:

No comments: