Friday, June 20, 2003

Tech Thursday Wrap Up

I went to Buffalo Wild Wings this evening (Thursday - haven't gone to bed yet) for the Tech Thursday event put on by the Greater Dayton IT Alliance. The restaurant had recently installed a wireless networking system (I don't know the tech term for it.), and we all wanted to see what it was like.

I was impressed. There were approximately 20 laptops connected, and the speed was 1 MB per second! I showed one of the guys my fotolog as a test of a page with some pictures. It downloaded in a fraction of a second. Pretty cool stuff.

I also met some other folks who are looking for work. One guy pointed me to LinksToJobs.com: the single job posting source for Cincinnati, Dayton, and Columbus, Ohio! I've added it to the link roll, where it should be aptly put.

Actually, I headed over to the bar and picked up an NTN game player. The guy who sat down next to me was an unemployed CFO - Chief Financial Officer. I suppose there's not a big demand for folks fitting that job description in the Dayton area, huh?

No comments: