Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I Want To Promote You!

I was just thinking of a hobby/job/passion I'd like to do. I already do it to some extent, but I'm thinking of doing it more with a different slant:

I love talking to people and learning about what they do for a living, the kinds of things that drive them to do what they do. I love being in a position to promote other people.

I was just chatting with a former coworker who's been a professional friend for nine years now. During the conversation I asked him, "What one thing could I do to help you further your pursuits?" We then talked about potential opportunities he saw for me to do for him at his current job, where he's doing a lot of travelling.

It wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but it was a start. We ended our conversation with me saying, "Let me know what I could do to help promote you around here."

I'd love to get paid to be able to promote other people. I'd love to interview you about your background, your job, etc., and share it with other people. Kinda like "Inside the Actor's Studio" but more professionally.

And I'd love to be paid for it, of course. But I'm open in the short-term to defer getting paid just to get it going. Anyone else think this would be a good idea? I'm talking about starting a podcast, maybe to call it "Get That Job!" or something else like that, more related to the interviews.

Let me know what you think! And if you'd like to get on the list to be interviewed/promoted.

Related tags:

No comments: