Thursday, December 11, 2003

Dice.com - Job search for Technology Professionals
Today, I read through my automated job search agent for DICE.com, and found no less than 5 job postings by recruiters for the SAME JOB. 5 out of 21 jobs returned works out to roughly 25% of my time wasted reading the same job description.

The thing that I've learned about many of these recruiter posts is that if you do a little bit of research, often you can find the employer on the web and apply for the job directly. Since recruiters charge a fairly hefty percentage for their services, it makes me wonder whether employers are using them at all these days, or if they give preference to candidates that come to them directly, without the extra price tag.

This is not to say that I haven't found jobs through recruiters in the past - just that in today's market, I'm wondering whether they are still of any use...

No comments: