Wednesday, July 02, 2003

Monthly Focus: Abundance

In my Franklin Planner there is a montly focus that changes each month. This month the focus is on having an "abundance-mentality." It states:

Live with the attitude that there is an abundance of resources and opportunities.
I think that this is especially important to have with respect to the job search. I find myself thinking that I have so much competition for a particular job. If I win, then someone else loses. This monthly focus is a challenge to see things differently.

Sure, the competition for jobs is heavy right now. But why not think as though your job is out there, waiting for you to find it. I've posted a number of great quotations about Abundance over at QuotesBlog for today, 2 July 2003. I cannot link to all of them here, because they are all worthy of reading. You will be encouraged as you think about what they mean.

I do feel compelled, however, to leave you with a small bite of what you'll find:
  • "Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." -- Carl Sagan
  • "Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit." -- Napoleon Hill
  • "Life is constantly providing us with new funds, new resources, even when we are reduced to immobility. In life's ledger there is no such thing as frozen assets." -- Henry Miller
  • "There are no ordinary moments." -- Dan Millman
  • "Let your hook always be cast. In the stream where you least expect it, there will be a fish." -- Ovid
Now, go get that job!

No comments: