Thursday, May 15, 2003

Job Hunting Success - Dan

It's been awhile since I've been off work. I completed a temporary assignment for a local IT company last February. While I've been able to do some web development since then, I haven't had anything substantial or consistent or otherwise. In addition, my temporary unemployment compensation has been due to expire at the end of next month.

Last week I contacted the company I used to work for, just to touch base, and I spoke with someone who said he believed that there was another opportunity at the same site where I had worked previously. I told him I was interested and available, and he promised to get back with me.

This morning he called me and told me that the job was for software testing, and that it was to last for the entire year. While it doesn't pay as well as I was getting previously, others have used it to springboard themselves into other opportunities. After I told him I was interested, he advised me to email him an updated copy of my resume so that he can present me to the company at his meeting with them tomorrow.

I'm rather optimistic that I could get this work.

No comments: