Tuesday, April 22, 2003

On Making Oneself Available

Our family uses one phone line for regular telephone and Internet use. Our family is in such financial circumstances that we cannot afford an additional phone line or DSL. I recognized that while I am online at home that potential employers are not able to get through to us. We're trying to make ourselves more available by letting employers know they can email us, but I have a feeling that we need some other way for them to contact us.

Does anyone know of a free voicemail service? We may even want to look at how much getting the phone company's voicemail system is. At least there we could have calls transferred to our voicemail if we were online or busy.

It's funny, but I've asked the above question without doing an Internet search first. If I find anything, I'll post it here.

Update: Good ol' Google, coming through again. Check out BuzMe. I plan on signing up for this when we get home (I'm at the Job Center now.)

No comments: