Monday, March 17, 2003

More Networking Stuff

Yesterday my wife, daughter, and I went bowling at a local bowling alley, caled Bowlero (cute name). It was set up as a Family Fun time by the events coordinator at Keisha's school. We got to play for a discounted price, and it was Bumper Bowling. Needless to say, my bowling average didn't improve by that much!

What does this have to do with networking? As we're getting ready to leave, I started talking with another father about his child and what he does for a living. Well, I had also brought some business cards I made for myself, and I gave him and his friend a card. We also saw one of my daughter's classmates with his mother. We've been wanting to keep in touch with his parents, so I gave my wife a card to give her, along with some paper so that we could get her phone number as well.

It's this aspect of the job search that I enjoy the most. It does provide immediate results, but it plants seeds that may someday come to fruition.

No comments: