Sunday, November 17, 2002

Job Hunting Success Story

I have a job hunting success story to share. In September I attended a couple Job Fairs, one at the Dayton Convention Center and one at the Dayton Job Center. I cannot remember exactly which one it was, but I left my resume with the folks from Manpower Professional.

This past Wednesday I received a phone call about an opportunity with Lexis Nexis, doing some Excel VBA work, for which it sounds like I'm aptly qualified. I start working there tomorrow!

The assignment will last about one month, but hopefully I can extend my time there and use this opportunity as a springboard into something more permanent, especially once I see how things are going inside the company. I keep getting emails stating that they have a number of open positions, and I even applied for a couple.

Now, let's hear some of your job hunting success stories!

No comments: